Asian Beef Pot Roast
- 1 boneless chuck roast (4-5 lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Recommended garnish options:
- Shredded red cabbage
- butter lettuce leaves
- chopped cilantro
- fresh orange zest
- chopped scallions
For the Sriracha orange sauce:
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
- Combine the whole chuck roast, garlic, ginger, orange extract, fish sauce, sweetener, red pepper flakes, and water in your Instant Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and use the Manual setting to set the time to 35 minutes on high pressure.
After the cooking is done, release the pressure per manufacturer’s instructions and remove lid.
- Stir in the orange zest, 1 Tbsp sweetener, and red wine vinegar.
- Cook on the saute setting for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, shred the meat, and serve with optional garnishes in a bowl or lettuce leaves.
For the Sriracha sauce:
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Then cook the liquid down on the stovetop until thickened before serving.